Google me this Wizard of R&R.....

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What's The Dumbest Thing You Could Say To A Congresswoman Who Lost Her Legs In Battle? Um, THIS.

What's The Dumbest Thing You Could Say To A Congresswoman Who Lost Her Legs In Battle? Um, THIS.:

This is why I feel terrible to ask for help from the VA , although I am entitled to apply for a benefit . I served 2 years 3 months and 23 days, was discharged under Honorable Conditions and have reached 66 yrs.of age. I am unable to stand for any length of time over a few minutes. My Wheelchair only helps me get around the house and in Malls , so I really don't get out much . If Flower my companion and caregiver of 14 years doesn'.t go with me , it's almost impossible for me to go anywhere.This is all topped off with Diabetes 2 and periperal Neuropathy ,degenerating Arthritis in legs and hands and arms! Funny , the only good thing I might say , the Neuropathy prevents my Gaut from attacking me as much as it did in my 40s & 50s. Still get a damn twinge in the Big Toe ,every so often , and its Colchine a gaut med I take a few of to wash away some of the Uric Acid .I filed for my discharge papers , mine were lost during a move somewhere over the years.It's a DD 214 and I sent for my copy of it in June 2013 and still nothing arrives. Plus ,I called the VA Pittsburgh office to inquire about it and after I go thru all the waiting and number punching , it says there busy try again later and disconnects.After doing it 3x I gave up.....now my hands are hurting, please forward or share this ......what some people are doing is a sin ,like this Congress member points out !!!!!
PS. Anyone that could help ,I'm not afraid to 


ask when really needed ,like ASAP !

No comments: