Google me this Wizard of R&R.....

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Philadelphia "English-only" eatery faces probe - Yahoo! News








Philadelphia "English-only" eatery faces probe - Yahoo! News: "Geno's Steaks in Philadelphia " The Wizard tends to lean on the owners opinion and right to ask for orders in English , maybe he doesn't want to train his staff in spanish or other languages . To tell you the truth I can understand how someone ordering in a foriegn tongue can cause havoc in a food service situation.....I get terribly frustrated when I go to places in Thailand and they don't speak English, either. Though people due try to be helpful here ! I don't believe he should be accused of anything except not being helpful to foriegn speaking customers.......Everywhere The Wizard has traveled and those of you that know me well , know I've been to alot of countries on various corners of this rock , the only thing that I think should be done about this is for the person who wants to order there , learn how to......I have always learned how to say > PLEASE & THANK YOU -When-Where.....2nd Third is usually how to order food....if you don't make this attempt in some places , you might go hungry , if not for most people in the world really do try to be helpful.....so lets just also figure , he doesn't have to be helpful if he doesn't want to be , his choice ! Don't forget it's your choice wether or not to eat in a establishment where people aren't cordial to you....So....If they don't help , Don't go there.....if and when their business goes down for getting a reputation for un-friendliness that will be your reward , If you still want to eat there...Learn To Order In English.....the people this is really for can't read this anyway , so if anybody wants to translate into different languages...email The Wizard and I'll post them.....make sure you give me any other messages in English else I might not understand what you send....just trying to be a helpful Wizard !!!!

No comments: